What is expected of a coach of an Everton Districts team?
- Your primary goal is to ensure that all the children in your team have fun playing cricket. Winning is not an essential ingredient for having fun.
- Teach your players to follow the rules.
- Be reasonable in your demands on young players’ time, energy, and enthusiasm.
- DO NOT ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing.
- Develop team respect for the ability of opponents. Encourage the team to applaud good play by your team and by members of the opposing team.
- Develop team respect for the judgement of officials and opposing coaches.
- Avoid overplaying the talented players. Every player deserves equal time and encouragement.
- Ensure that equipment and facilities meet safety standards.