As with last few summers, the club will continue to utilise a selection policy for the summer season 2018/19.
By clicking ‘ I Agree’ in the Selection Policy section of the 2018/19 online registration, you are agreeing to play for the club within the selection guiding principles below.
- Teams are selected and confirmed from the top of the club, down.i.e. A1 is confirmed, then B1, then B3.
- If teams are ever in the position to play short, this will be from the bottom of the club, up.
- Players will not, skip a grade, going up or down.e.g. if the club has an A grade, B grade and C grade team, a player will not go from C Grade to A Grade.
- Should a team be short, the position will be filled from:
- squad first;
- rostered off players from other teams;
- casual club members; and
- fill-ins.The gap will be filled based on ability level and team needs. In very rare circumstances, this may be relaxed.
- Players will be allocated to a squad, to which they can expect to play the bulk of their games. Players may be request to play a game/fixture at a higher level, before returning to their regular team.
- Any player that refuses to be selected up will not be eligible for selection in the lower team either for that round.
- Captains are not excluded form point 5 (above) and will complete a game/fixture at the higher level.
- If a vacancy exists in the top team, a regular player of a lower grade should fill it.